What a week! Our friends from Segou came on a visit with many purposes and one purpose. The one was simply to further and deepen the new Sister City relationship between Richmond and Segou. The many include a technical visit to make progress on the water/health/sanitation AUPAP grant from Sister Cities International; visit and observe the processes of our city government; attend and enjoy the Richmond Folk Festival; and explore our schools and cultural opportunities for mutual enrichment via collaborations and people-to-people dialogue.
SUCCESS! and Work to Do!
photos and more information soon...
07 October 2010
We had a great party! Photos available at http://vafriendsofmali.fotki.com - Careful, there are 301 of them!!
We offer heartfelt thanks to Ambassador Mamadou et Madame Saranfing TRAORE for making the journey that evening especially to join us.
- SIMAGA Ousmane K., Mayor of Segou
- SISSOKO Madani, City councilman, President of Sister City Commission
- DIAO Mme. Kadiatou Tall, City councilwoman, Member of Commission for Partnerships, Artisans and Culture
- KEITA, Namory, City councilman, Coordinator of Development Projects in Segou
- SIMAGA Nouhoun, Hotelier, Business Executive, Bamako
- DIARRA Denis Calvin, Director of Traditional Arts for the Festival sur le Niger
- DAFFE Mlle. Aissata, Board of Directors, Festival sur le Niger
- TOURE Kalifa, Member of Virginia Friends of Mali, Bamako
Oct 6 Reception during Richmond Sister City Commission's monthly meeting
Oct 7 Meetings with city departments of health, sanitation, public utilities and transportation
Oct 8 Presentations with students of Maggie Walker High School for International Studies
Oct 8-10 Richmond Folk Festival
Oct 11 School visits: Southside Child Development Center and others
One day in the fall of 2013, a young Malian, Konaté Kadijah M Samaké , arrived in Richmond in to study at Virginia Commonwealth Univers...
Peace Baba (real name Oumar Cissé) is the most famous bead person in Mali. His nickname comes from the fact that he used, for more than ...